For Novice and experience operators
At the end of the overhead gantry cranes training course participants will be able to:
- Carry out a Pre-use Inspection on gantry cranes and lifting equipment.
- Know how to operate a overhead gantry crane in a safe manner.
- Know how to identify the load capacity of an overhead gantry crane.
- Know the hazards related to improper use of a overhead gantry crane.
- Hazardous situations
- Good handling techniques and practice
- Operators Daily Checks
- Good housekeeping
- Introduction to the Overhead gantry crane
- Controls and instruments
- Daily inspection, take-over and maintenance
- Start stopping operation
- Safe use and manoeuvring of crane
- Operation of controls
- Weight assessment
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces